Saturday 10 March 2012

What If…?


I lay asleep, on my soft comfortable bed, far gone in my travel to dream land, not bothering what was happening in the real world. Then there was bright orange light with it came very hot hot heat  which seemed to be coming not from dream land.
Out of curiosity I opened my eyes reluctantly to the real world to see fire burning in my room.

It had spread its unforgiving hands to the mattress which my little brother slept on, how he had been able to sleep peacefully while fire devoured the mattress he slept on before I screamed; still remains a mystery to me.

What if I slept through it all
What if I ignored the bright orange light
And hot hot heat
What if I chose comfort
Comfort of the soft comfortable bed
And the beauty of dreamland
What if…?  

By Dede © 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment